December update

I've been too busy to sit down at the computer for a while, but it's time to catch up.

We had a very quiet Thankgiving this year since we decided to stay home. It was kind of strange not to be seeing family that day, but our friends Leonard and Britta came down from Roseburg and helped fill the void. This was my first ever holiday meal and it turned out really well. Everything was done at the same time, and we had dinner at the time I said we would! I call that a success!

The following weekend Becky and Deryk brought their girls down for a visit. It was really good to see them again. I had bought a gingerbread train kit for the kids and they decided to put it together while their cousins were here. They all had a great time, but they were more interested in eating the candy than putting it on the train!





Also that weekend John and I went to Roseburg for a Seg. 5 Christmas party which was relly nice. Becky and Deryk watched the kids for us. It was fun to get to know some of the other F.A.s a little better. John knows them all, but I never see them except at the summer regional. After a couple glasses of wine, you can get to know them real well!


This past Saturday was Shannons wedding. We drove up on Friday and John and I helped with decorating the Institute building. Suturday we drove up to the temple and watched the sealing. I will admit that I did have a couple of tears slide down my nose. I've been so emotional lately! It was a really great time. That night was the reception and it went really well. Shannon looked just gorgeous. We wish them all the best.

Today we woke up to this-




Just beautiful, like Currier and Ives. Now I have to catch up on all the housecleaning I didn't do last week, but it has been a great month.

Comments

Deryk and Becky said…
We were just enjoying the pictures of the kids helping with the gingerbread train today. Now that my sugar-hungry kids are gone is there anything left? :)

Popular Posts