Spring!

It's courtin' time! I have been watching two pairs of finches flying around. The female will come and eat at the feeder and the male sticks to her like glue. Even though he won't eat, he will stay there as long as she wants and then follow her when she leaves. It can be a little difficult to tell since they keep flying away, but I think that the two pairs are different species. The females look different from each other. However it is a lot of fun to watch. One of the pairs thinks it's going to make a nest in the wreath on the front door. I think if they complete a nest there then I will get a hook and move it to the dining room window. It's only 10 feet away.


I also caught this the other day. It's a little blurry because I was inside, and the feeder was outside, but it's a pretty good picture.



It's amazing. 1/125 sec shutter speed and you still can't see the wings!

Comments

Deryk and Becky said…
It is so thrilling to see the birds right outside your window, isn't it! I just realized that I may have forgotten to give you that bird book I promised-?- If so, I will be sure to send it next time I am at the post office! Please let me know.

Popular Posts