So I had my ultrasound today. Of course I didn't find out anything. The technician said MAYBE Monday afternoon, but most likely Tues. It's funny how before I went to the doctor I didn't even think about it. (I have had this lump for a few months now), but now that he ordered tests, it is driving me crazy not knowing!


This morning the kids and I were at Walmart. We had done our regular shopping and were looking at bikes. I decided it was time to start passing down. So we are standing there and I'm having John try out bikes when an employee comes by and says that the store is being evacuated and we need to leave. So I had to abandon my cart and drag the kids outside, where we stood in the hot sun in the parking lot for about 45 min. The police and fire department showed up, which the kids thought was pretty cool. Eventually they started letting the workers back in, so the kids and I went to go stand by the door in the shade. (I only hung around because it had taken us an hour to shop and I didn't want to do it again.) However then I happened to hear over the guards radio that the workers were being told to put all the carts and the stuff in them away. NOOOOO! Please don't make me do all that shopping again! I pleaded with the guard and she took pity on me and my poor children with red cheeks, and ran inside and saved my cart for me! I thought that was really nice. Not the sort of service you usually get at Walmart! Gossip was that there was a gas leak inside the building. I did think it was really interesting though to see the generational gap. When we were all outside, the older people started to talk to each other, and the younger ones all pulled out their cell phones. I will admit that if I had had my cell phone on me, I would have called someone. I guess I am a modern child after all! So instead I tried to let my kids be charming to the old folks without being pesty!





John on his new bike! It fits him much better than the old one. I am trying to put the training wheels back on his old one, but I am having a hard time. I lost one of the nuts that hold the wheels on and I can't find another the same size. I don't know if they even come in size 6/16. I have found 5/16 and 7/16 but nothing in between. That's what happens when you buy stuff made in China I guess!



Comments

Kelly said…
Maybe Logan can practice riding. He hardly gets a chance to ride his bike around here- he won't ride in the street and I don't have time to haul him all over timbuktu so that he can ride his bike. :-)

And about your question regarding my ring - I don't know.

Popular Posts