Feed from Cozi Journal

My Cozi Journal is no longer being supported at the end of the year. :( Therefore, I'm moving the few posts I did here. Cozi was sooo easy, since I checked it everyday for my calendar. I'm annoyed that they're removing a lot of the things that made it worthwhile for me like the journal and my contact list. Oh well.



 Debating whether I want to go back to school to get a Master's In Teaching degree.

School is almost out for summer. Justin is going to take a reading class for summer school this year. He's really been struggling with reading comprehension and being able to get started on assignments. I spoke with the care team at school and we agreed that while he doesn't classify as having a disability yet, we need more data and he does need some support. So we put that in place for next year. He's super smart, he just has problems getting it out of his head and into his work. John is pulling straight A's again this term. He's really grown this past year and thinks and acts like an adult. Jackie hasn't quite figured it out yet, but she's still in middle school so there's time. Missing our vacations this year. We have a couple planned, and the tickets bought, waiting to see if we will be able to go. If we have to quarantine for 2 weeks, there's no point. We're hoping we get to take John to Paris late this summer. This whole scare better be over soon!
Addition:
This afternoon I got a call from my employer. As a substitute teacher I haven't worked in a couple months. They were offering me a temporary position as a temperature screener at a local business. 8 hrs/wk. I decided to take it. It will help keep me busy, and maybe get the kids helping more if they know I'm not there all the time to clean up after them. :)
Starting our homeschool adventure this week. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, schools have transitioned to e-learning for the rest of the year. The kids have each set their own schedule and are working away. This is a good time for everyone to get organized before school starts back up in August.
Had a wonderful time in Shasta. Now it's time to get back to the real world.
Back to school! We had a great time after Christmas where we sat around and did absolutely nothing! It was very relaxing. Now John and I are planning our next trip to Curacao and looking for someplace local to put the kids for a week. Hmmmmm
Conferences coming up next week. Excited to hear about how the boys are doing in school this year. Justin has been coming along tremendously! Today I dropped them off in front of the school for the first time instead of walking them in. It was tougher on me than them!! Apparently Justin found his classroom and got settled in just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts