Jog-a-thon!

This year I ended up with a ton of apples. Hooray! (On a side note, I am REALLY disappointed that I missed pear harvest this year. Oh well, next year.) Yesterday I finished processing my last batch of applesauce. I decided to make a photo essay showing the journey. So here we go.....



Here are the apples ready to go. I kept up with the spraying and did not get wormy apples this year. Pretty much every apple was usable.



Getting nice and soft.



Inside the water-bath canner



All finished!



Joining the rest of the applesauce in the garage. Ready to be enjoyed. I did have one jar that did not seal so we ate it with dinner last night and it was delicious.




Today John had his jog-a-thon. He did really good and ran 7 laps in 20 min. Go John!!!!! I always show up to cheer him on. (his Father would have been there too, but he had a graveside service for one of his clients at the same time) Here are some of the pictures I took of him today.





All lined up and posing for the camera.





"Ten laps! Ten laps!" The kids are always so excited. John's teacher did a great job of getting them pumped up for running. Don't worry, it wears off after a few laps. Notice the vampire teeth!




Keep up the good work!




See ya!!




Mom gets in on a few laps. (like 3)


We are really proud of John doing such a great job raising money for his school. And we are really glad they make the kids run instead of selling note cards or candy or something!




Comments

Popular Posts