Wonderful Weekend

We were sure busy this weekend!

Saturday morning I got up early to go do the Bridge Run 5k with my good friend Joy. I think that was the hardest race I have ever completed. That course kicked my rear!! It started out at the YMCA and then went over the pedestrian bridge to the all-sports park and back. But what that means is that you go downhill to the river and then uphill coming back when you are already really tired. And I had to re-tie my shoe in the middle. Let me just say that once you stop, it's hard to get started again. We finished though, and are really proud of our accomplishment.






After the race the family drove up to Portland for the blessing of Brynlee Anne Turner. We were staying up by the Temple so we took the kids to walk around the grounds. They are always so excited to see where Mom and Dad got married. Then off for some yummy Chinese food. It's always so nice to get some really good Chinese. There are just no good restaurants in Grants Pass.
Sunday was the blessing, which was just beautiful. And it was Fast and Testimony meeting. Brad bore is testimony which was good to hear. Since we had moved before Brad joined the Church, we had never had that opportunity before.
Little John said the funniest thing during the meeting. One of the missionaries was bearing his testimony and he and his dad were talking about it and his dad explained that you leave for your mission when you are 19 yrs old.
L.J - so you get back when you are 21!
Dad - that's right. I have been back for 10 years. (Trying on impress his son with how old he is now)
John - (Thinks hard for a minute. calculating back from how old he knows his dad is,) "That means you were home for about 2 seconds and looked around and thought 'I gotta go find me a woman!'"

Not quite sure where he gets these ideas from! (Daddy)

Here is a picture of Brad and Kari and their beautiful baby girl.



It was good to see them again, and now it's good to be home.

Comments

Popular Posts