Catching up.

It's been an interesting last few weeks. As I mentioned to the Hubby the other day, it seems like I stay busy all day, and I can point to all the things that I did, but nothing has gotten FINISHED. Today is a nice quiet day though. The kids are all in school and I'm getting done some things that have taken far too long. For example, I took pictures of the Laurels in my ward about a month ago for a project I am doing and I finally uploaded them to photoshop and finished them. They have been sent off to be printed and now that's one less thing on my mind.  Just because I know you are wondering, this is the project. I am making one for every Laurel,

The girls don't know what everyone else wrote about them until they get their finished picture. The quote is Robert Burns "To a Louse". Hopefully it helps them to recognize their good qualities and focus more on the positive things about themselves.


Updating the blog was another thing on my mind that hadn't been done. It was one of my goals for this year to spend a little more time chronicling  the stuff that goes on around here, and I still hadn't gotten my Christmas pictures off my camera. I am a failure!! No I'm not, I'm picking up right where I am and moving forward. :)

So because I am a little behind, I don't want to spend a lot of time writing. I'm just going to upload some photo's of the past month and maybe interject a sentence or two where I feel it is appropriate.

Christmas Morning! (by the way, those spots on the carpet that have been there for years... I found a homemade carpet cleaner and they are gonzo!)


I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas morning mess.


Christmas was really quiet this year since we stayed home and it was just us. I don't know that I would want to do it every year, but this time it was really nice as the previous month had been filled with a lot of travel and turmoil. It felt really good to relax.

Someone is 6!   I tried to make her a fancy cake, but she picked out a box mix and those don't shape very well.





If you are wondering why there are no pictures of Justin's birthday, it's because he chose to go out to Wild River Pizza and had dinner and dessert there. I did take some pictures and post them on instagram.

Comments

Kelly said…
GREAT! I love seeing pictures of what's been going on in the family. Cute picture of you, by the way, for the YW activity. I love that idea. Jackie looks so magical with the candle-light. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! See you in a few weeks!

Popular Posts