I know I always make promises to update this blog more often.  Don't worry, I'm not going to promise that this time.  I'll just feel guilty if I don't.  And truthfully, there is not much going on with our lives that everyone doesn't already know.  A year ago we had started to put Donna's death behind us a little, and I thought things would slow down and I would have time for writing again.  But it didn't. Things got even more stressful, when we didn't even know that was possible.  I haven't felt much like writing, not even in my journal, and when I do, it's not usually stuff I want people to read.  We're doing ok.  Just a bit tired of everything, and it seems like we don't have much time for each other. But we're aware of it, and doing our best to not let it get to us.  

In family news (real quick because I have to leave in 10 minutes) John's dad was married on Fri.  We like Kathy, she's really nice. They are going to be living in Ashland.  Claire is going to go live with Helen, which will be good for her.
Little John was one of the top contenders in the science fair this year.  His project was on how the density of a liquid affects the ability of a beam of light to pass through.  He had to do a presentation before a panel of judges about his project.  He didn't win, but we are so proud of him just for the effort he put into it.  Otherwise the kids are just plugging away at school. They still have bowling on Saturdays, but otherwise sports haven't started back up yet.  They've all been really excited to do a couple more 5k's with us over the summer.  I'm still doing well in school, and starting handbell choir up again.  The kids enjoy having some cousins next door and getting to play with them. That's been a win.

And that's our life right now.

Comments

Hey, you only went a tad over a year. Not too shabby! Sorry things are really stressful. I had no idea... which is why you should update your blog more often ;-) Love ya!
Kelly said…
I like hearing updates! Glad Claire is going with Helen. You have a sweet family and I Love the photo at the top of the blog.

:-)

Popular Posts