Last Week

This past week has actually been really slow and relaxing for us. Big John has been coming home from work on time. (the market may not have calmed down but his clients have.) So that has been a plus that the kids have gotten to see their daddy.

Little John has been reading a lot. We are reading Charlotte's Web together and he is really enjoying it. After we're done we'll rent the movie. I used to love that movie when I was a kid. All the kids have also been spending a lot of time outside. John posted a sign in the backyard that says "Haunted Forest". He asked me for help with the spelling, but I didn't know what it was for. Next thing I know it's tacked to a tree and he's scared to go back there "because a ghost might grab your ankles!" Sometimes his overactive imagination reminds me of Anne of Green Gables.
He was the shining star at school this week, so we brought in some pictures to post on the tack board and he got to paint a picture of himself to hang in the classroom all week. He was very excited to be person of the week!

Justin has been doing really well with school lately. We were having a problem for a little while where he would start to have a tantrum when I said it was time for preschool, and he would stay cranky after we arrived even though I KNOW he LOVES school! However I figured out one day that while he doesn't like going to "preschool" he does like going to "Justin's House" which is the same thing. As long as we call it what he wants us to he is just fine with going, and in fact he usually gets himself into the car and hour early!
We have been working on recognizing emotions lately, in himself, but also in others. so for a game his Daddy would pull a face and ask "Am I happy or sad?" and Justin was supposed to guess the correct one. We;ll, Justin thought this was a great game and now does it to us all the time. He hasn't quite gotten the idea though because lately his question of choice is whether he is lonely or love. Neither of which is right! We just keep plugging away though. We had a meeting with his team at school to plan out the next year, which included his transition to school, and his teachers said that with some modifications to help him really thrive, he should be in a regular classroom! That was really great news to us. Although we know Justin is really smart and he is learning to talk so well, I worry sometimes about his ability to interact with others and pay attention to directions. But next year in school we are going to be working really hard to get him ready for kindergarten.

I have been spending every bright sunny day out in the yard getting ready for spring. I have sprayed my trees, raked leaves, and started pulling weeds. And thought about what vegetables I am going to plant in my beds this year. I will need to get some more deer spray this year if I intend us to actually eat them!

Jackie is still working on potty training. for some reason she will go by herself in the afternoon, but not in the morning. I can't figure that one out. Otherwise she follows me around all day asking for "Up". And when I lift her up she puts both arms tight around my neck and presses her cheek against mine. Too cute! She is talking so much more than at Christmas and is getting into more trouble that the boys combined. Such a curious little girl!

We are all just waiting for spring!

Oh and also, Kelly said I need to post more pictures. I actually take more than make it on the blog, so if you want to check out our personal photo's you can go here,

http://picasaweb.google.com/becksteadfamily

Comments

Kelly said…
Finally! It's always nice to hear what's going on with the kids and you and John.

Miss you all!

Popular Posts