Catching up

So I've gotten a little behind on posting. (What else is new?) So I'm mainly just going to post some pictures and leave all my writing out.

1st Jackie's Birthday












2nd: John's basketball game. This was his first one ever! I didn't take my camera to his second one where he actually made a basket !!:( Oh Well.







Last but not least, this picture I do have to explain. This afternoon I was going out to the garage to get some stuff for dinner, when the UPS truck stopped in front of the house. I thought that was odd because I hadn't ordered anything recently. But sure enough he had a fairly good sized package for me. So I had Little John go and get it and bring it inside. When I looked at the label it said it was from Gary Grice(who is John's Dad's Sister's Husband, so John's uncle-in-law got it?:)) It was addressed to Jacqueline Bethune but that was just a mistake. Now we send them a Christmas card every year, but we don't talk otherwise, and in fact I don't think I have ever met them. So I couldn't figure out what they would be doing sending me a package out of the blue like this. Well, technically speaking a package for Jackie. So I opened it up and there was a mound of brown paper with a note on the top that said,"This doll selected by Grandma Allen for Jacqueline Beckstead" When I finally got it unwrapped this is what I found,







She has a very old tag on her which says she was German made by a company called JDK circa 1892. Her face and bodice are bisque and her legs and arms appear to have really old leather. She has her original dress, petticoat, and bloomers. Her eyes open and close and her arms and legs are jointed. Except for one spot on her dress she is in excellent condition. What a great gift for Jackie. She's not allowed to touch it yet of course! I have already wrapped the doll in acid free tissue and put her back in her box and in the closet so hopefully she can last for another 100 years!

Comments

Bonnie-Jean said…
Wow what a gift! It was smart of you to put it in acid free paper. I have a few old things that I've tried to take care, we'll see how well they last.
Your kiddos are so cute! :)

Popular Posts