Grocery Shopping

Last night I went to the grocery store to do my coupon shopping. Proctor and Gambel was running a great promotion at Albertsons where you spend $25 on qualifying products and get a catalina coupon for $10 off your next purchase. So I spent $131 in total. For that I got my weeks groceries, (because I'm still working on getting that 6 mo supply) which cost me $70. The rest of the money was spent on the P&G promo where I picked up

1 yr supply of dishwashing detergent
1 yr supply of liquid Tide (score!)
1 yr supply of those new bounce dryer bars
6 mo supply of pantene shampoo AND conditioner
3 mo supply of dishwasher detergent

Also picked up a 1 yr supply of kitchen trash bags and 20 boxes of cold cereal (Fruity Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, Corn Flakes)


It took me 5 transactions so that I could roll my catalina savings, but my checker was really great and we laughed about what I was doing together.

My eventual goal is to spend no more than $300/mo to feed our family of 5 (and that includes cleaning supplies and the like). I'm getting better, just need john to build me some more shelves in the garage and get another freezer (or 2) to store everything!


(oh and in case you're wondering what I WOULD have spent without doing the coupons and 5 different trans. if would have been close to $300. $286.37 to be exact.

Comments

Bonnie-Jean said…
Bravo Jenny! Thriftiness is next to godliness... :)

Popular Posts