Catching up

Gosh! It's been so long since I published that I can hardly remember what we did this summer. So instead of boring you all with a lot of mundane details, I'll just give a rundown. I don't even think I'll post any pictures because that would take forever. So let's see...... After July 4th I took the kids down to CA. to my sister Kelly's where we all had a great time playing with cousins, going to the beach, visiting the redwoods, shopping and reading books. After that we were able to get into a little bit of a routine for awhile. Little John did junior golf again this year. We moved him up from the beginners, to the 3-hole group. He did fabulous especially considering that most of the kids were older than him, some 11 or 12yrs. He took 5th in the tournament this year. We are so proud. All the kids have loved going out with Daddy in the evenings this year.
The beginning of August was Girls Camp for me. I was an assistant Stake Dir. this year. I like that assignment sooooo much better than being over Certification. We had an amazing camp this year and the girls really learned a lot. Now it's time to get ready for next year!
Let's see, what else? I did another 5k on July 31. It was a trail run which I'm not used to, so it was really difficult, but I didn't give up and finished the race! We joined a CSA this year, so every Thurs. I get a box of unknown produce. It's been fun trying new recipes and eating new things that I might not have been brave enough to do before. Also I had my 2  closest friends move away this summer. Such a bummer. I've decided that from now on, I'm only going to make friends with people I don't like so they'll move away. Pretty good plan right?!!
Right now, we're getting ready to go back to school. John has his last triathlon this weekend, then family is coming for Labor Day. Justin is attending Kindergarten this year. He went in for his testing on Monday. I think it would be better for him if he went everyday, but the school will tell me if they think he needs it or not. We've already done our shopping. Justin was the only one who didn't need everything. Lastly, yesterday I canned 45 quarts of peaches. Today my entire body aches. Oh and I had to take Jackie to the doctor because she decided to cut open her own peach and sliced her finger instead. Luckily no stitches, just dermabond.

Comments

Kelly said…
Wait! I don't have any pictures of your visit either and I want to see some! You're going to have to make time. :-)
thebeckstead5 said…
If you want to see pictures you can see our album on picasaweb. Here's the link
http://picasaweb.google.com/becksteadfamily

Popular Posts