New Pet!!

So we had a rather eventful afternoon today. It started off innocently enough. I fixed the kids lunch, folded some laundry, mopped the floor, then went out to get the newspaper. I sat down on the couch and read said paper. When I was finished I folded the paper and saw this.......







Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Being the wuss that I am I tried to get Little John to capture it and take it outside for me. But he refused. I called John at work to help me man-up but he was with a client. So I grabbed a mason jar and lid and freaked out some more. (good example for my kids don't you think?!) Finally we got a small stick which we put inside the jar and tried to entice him in. He started to go in, but then got intent on figuring out what that smooth surface was, so I had to pick up the jar and kind of shake him in. And then I freaked out some more. Fortunately Little John had the lid so he put it on for me.

Then he looked really cool in his jar so we decided to keep him.



Little John is going to catch grasshoppers to feed it, that being a bug he is not scared of.

Comments

What happens when L John wants to keep one of the grasshoppers as a pet?
thebeckstead5 said…
Well, so far he has been absolutely fascinated watching the praying mantis catch the grasshoppers, then rip their heads off and suck out their guts.!:)

Popular Posts