Our Newest Addition

Everyone is very excited about the newest member to join our family. (and you guys thought Kelly was the only one expecting didn't you? I know, I hid it really well!) Anyhow, it's a little girl, name as yet to be decided. We don't actually have her yet, but we expect her to come home in about a week. However, we do have a picture of her.

Are you ready?

O.K. Please scroll down



















Hey, I never said it was a human did I?

Our little baby is the one whose head you can see the best with the two brown spots by her ears. She is a little calico, mostly white, but with a colored tail and a few other spots. Absolutely darling. The kids can't wait for her to come home, but they can't leave their mother until they are at least 7 wks old.

Any name suggestions?

We decided to get a kitten instead of an older cat, so that it would be able to grow up with the kids and not know any different. And older cat might not want all the kid activity. Although I do feel so sorry for all the cats who have been there awhile and deserve a nice home. Okay, so I know I sometimes make it sound like John hates animals, but he really doesn't, he is really a softie at heart, and I can prove it. While we were at the Humane Society yesterday, the volunteer was showing us some kittens that had been brought in yesterday. The owner had decided that he/she didn't want them anymore (there were 3) so he/she put them in a box and threw the box in the river. Can you imagine anything more awful? The woman who brought them in wasn't sure if they were even alive anymore, but they are and they are getting cleaned up and nursed back to health and will be ready for adoption soon. But anyhow, as the volunteer was telling us their sad, sad story, I caught John wiping a tear away from his eye. I have a very sweet man.

When we bring the kitten home I will take some pictures of her with the kids and post them.

Oh and, I downloaded some pictures of our Easter Egg Hunt yesterday. You can find them here

It has the kids an all their friends who were able to join us. Everyone had a great time.

Comments

Deryk and Becky said…
Congratulations on your new baby! I'll bet the kids will love her. BTW - Jacqueline's hair is so long now, I can't believe it!

Popular Posts