Update


So I promised to put up some pictures of the kids with their new kitty. (We unfortunately do not have her at home yet, she still needs to finish weaning and have some blood work done.) But without any further ado, here are the kids with their new kitty whom they have named Zelda.

Jackie loved holding Zelda and just wanted to give her hugs all the time (poor kitty!) But she did a very good job being gentle.



Justin was almost too gentle with the kitty and had a hard time holding on.


I case you are wondering about the stuffed animal, that is Jake Jaguar, John's class pet. All the kids get to bring him home one at a time and take him on adventures and then write about it in Jake's Journal. So I took a picture of Jake with the kitty to put in his journal.

Finally, I mentioned in an earlier post about a pair of finches that had started to make a nest in my wreath on the front door. Well, yesterday I took a peek while they were gone and I saw this....






It took me a little while to get a shot of this because I had to hold the camera straight down which meant I couldn't look through the viewfinder to see what I was getting. And it's blurry because I had to turn the flash off. With the flash on it would get stuck in the wreath and not flash so the camera wouldn't take a picture, but without the flash I had to hold the camera perfectly still for the exposure, which let me tell you is not easy when you are standing on the rim of a barrel planter holding the camera above your head! So this is the best one. The kids and I are really excited to watch the birds hatch and grow this spring!

Comments

Kelly said…
That's a good looking kitten!

I love Jake the Jaguar. What a fun idea for a class pet. So much easier than a real animal! And easier for the kids to take home with them.

I hope you guys are doing well...enjoying the summery weather!!!

Popular Posts