Peaches!!!




Today I had my first ever canning experience! I went to pick some peaches for dinner and saw that they were starting to fall off the tree. So I decided I better do something about it. This is what I ended up with.



Now. This may not look like very much, but it's 3 1/2 quarts, which I don't think is too bad considering the tree is not even as tall as I am. It was A LOT if peaches on a very small tree! Very early in the season I had to prop up the branches with a forked stick because they were already drooping. And if we hadn't been eating the peaches for the last week I would have had at least 5 quarts. Next year I should be able to do more. And by then I should have an actual water bath canner which will make it much easier!

Now it's time to cook stir-fry and rice for dinner because I don't think I want peaches! At least not tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts