What a Day!!!

Had an exhausting day today.

Woke up at 4 AM when the smoke alarm started chirping. (Don't you just hate that!) Never really got back to sleep after that, but got out of bed at 6:30. Did my chores and got the kids all ready for school. John catches the bus at 7:30 and Justin needs to be at school by 9 and I have to take him all the way across town. Right after dropping off Justin I went to the Hamilton walk/bike trail to meet my friend Joy for our exercise. We logged 3.2 miles. With 2 kids. Then I took Jackie and we headed over to Fred Meyer and bought a basketball hoop for the boys. I had just enough time after doing that to drop the box off in the garage and head out again to pick Justin up. Came home and fixed PB&J for everyone and immediately started work setting the hoop up. Started it at 12, finished at 4:45. It wasn't physically difficult, just mentally tiring. There were 8 different hardware bags, and not only was the hardware mixed up, (stuff for the poles would be in three different bags, and then back to the first bag for something for the rim, and yes I put the right stuff in the right places!) they couldn't label them with nice easy numbers, like bag 1, bag 2, and so on. No they had to do HR003000D, and HR03300D, and 1269465. Gave me a headache. But I did get it finished and the kids were able to play with it this evening. Then I started dinner because I had to be AT handbell practice at 6. Got home just in time to put everyone to bed. I think after I make John's lunch for school tomorrow I will take a nice loooooong bath!

Comments

Kelly said…
Hey! Now that your the expert - why don't you get a hoop for me AND set it up! What an ordeal!

Popular Posts