John's cake

This year I decided to try my hand at making John a sculpted cake for his birthday. Let's just say those things are really time-consuming! Fortunately fondant keeps really well, so I didn't have to do it all at once. I worked on it a little bit for about 5 days.

Here is the cake transformation


The cake in the oven


Shaped and getting ready for a fondant covering.



Basic shape



Dragon starting to appear.



Detail



Shhh, he's sleeping

The finished product!



I think he turned out pretty good for the first time. What do you think?

Comments

Kari said…
Holy cow! First time? That's really impressive!
Bonnie-Jean said…
Bravo... I hope he appreciated it!
:o)
Kelly said…
Jen, that's awesome! Looks like you are discovering a new hobby perhaps! I'm expecting a cake straight out of "Ace of Cakes" for my birthday next year. Can I have the Hogwarts one?

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/64838/Hogwarts_cake_3.jpg

Popular Posts