Smart Kid!

Last night I was helping John with his homework. He had a math problem to do so I read it to him. "Johnnie ate two peanut butter cookies. Samantha ate one sugar cookie. Anthony ate two chocolate chip cookies. How many cookies are there all together?" The kids are supposed to draw a picture to help them figure out the answer. Before I could get started helping John, Jackie started throwing crayons and then eating one so I had to go clean up 120 crayons on the floor and before I was finished the phone rang and it was for John who was outside so I had to take him the phone. When I got back Little John had finished his picture and it looked like this-


2+2+1=5


That was it. No pictures, just the equation. I didn't know that he knew those symbols yet, but apparently he remembered them from his homework last week. What a smart kid!

Comments

Papasilas said…
Well, if Johnny ate both his cookies and Samantha ate her cookie and Anthony ate his two, I'd say that there weren't any cookies left.
thebeckstead5 said…
You know, it's funny, I thought the same thing when I read the problem. But his equation on the bottom that he's supposed to fill out was definitely an addition one. Maybe they meant to say how many cookie WERE there?

Popular Posts