News

Fall is Here!!!!

I love autumn. The leaves changing colors, the crispness of the air, even the rain is welcome.
John finished the other raised bed. I don't have enough time to plant anything this year though. But I will be ready as soon as spring arrives.



I have been putting gravel in between the beds to keep the mud down. I'm taking it from the paths around the house. I never wanted gravel paths, so I'm going to eventually replace them with flagstone. We had one area of gravel and the R.V. parking that we never used so I'm taking the gravel from there for right now. So that works out just right until I'm ready to replace the rest. I think they are going to look great. Now John needs to fence the whole area so no little critters can get to my veggies.

I've been working in John's kindergarten class twice a month, which has been really fun. He and one other little boy have been put into their own reading group since they are the only ones who can read words already. He is such a bright little boy. We had to take the whole family to the bank a couple of weeks ago. John sat in the waiting area for us and talked with this older gentleman for about 45 min. (He was waiting for the woman helping us) But he was very impressed that John could carry on a conversation with an adult for that long. That kid is as sharp as a tack! :)

Today I decided that since I'm cooking my own Thankgiving dinner this year I had better practice. I've never cooked a big meal like that before and I don't want Thanksgiving to be a disaster. so tonight for dinner I am cooking a sage rubbed chicken (don't want TOO many leftovers!) with an apple-cranberry stuffing. I hope it turns out good.

John's sister Becky is coming for a visit tonight. It will be nice to see her again, and help keep her company while Deryk is away. Only 6 more weeks to go!

Comments

Kelly said…
Dinner sounds yummy! I'll be right up.

:-)

Popular Posts