Weekly Update

Where do I even start?

Poor John had one of the worst weeks ever. It started off with the stock market which went down..... and down...... and then down some more last week. John had to talk lots of clients out of selling at the worst possible time. So he was coming home late all week just because of the sheer number of phone calls he had to make. Plus last week he was starting his Partner or Legacy plan or whatever it is that it's called so he had to go through all 900+ accounts that he has and figure out which ones he was passing to Paul. He had gone through them earlier, but that was before the market went down 22% in one week so the 20M he was giving to Paul suddenly became 14M. So he went through his book again to find some more, which also ate up a lot of his time. That is being transferred today. I'm really excited. Now he can work on growing his business instead of playing catch up all the time. But then to top it all off, the boys got sick this weekend and now John is worried that he is going to catch it because of course he can't afford to right now, and you know Murphy's Law! Yikes!
But, we survived. I lost count of how many loads of laundry I did this weekend. And how many times I shampooed the carpets. Both the washer and dryer were constantly going for almost 48 straight hours. I could use a nap which I'm not likely to get at this point. We were talking last night, and it's doubtful that we will ever have another week like this one ever again where everything just hits at the same time. I am sooooo glad this week is over!

Comments

Yikes! What a week indeed. Gotta have the bad to appreciate the good, right?
Kelly said…
I hear ya! We all got sick that same week...but we had colds instead. I'm grateful...there's a huge difference between urping and wiping noses.
Kelly said…
Oh yeah, and we've been dealing with the late nights, too. Poor guys! Although Josh told me that one of his least favorite clients decided to cash out. I think he couldn't be happier!

Popular Posts